Anatomy of the New Type-S Coaxial (Cont.)
6. FEA Optimized Motor Structure
- Yoke shaped reduces magnetic leakage.
- High-grade strontium magnet.
- Maximize linearity and motor strength.
7. High Power Handling
- Large diameter voice coil (30mm diameter).
- >250 watts peak power.
8. Stable Voice Coil Structure
- Rigid & strong VC structure contributes to clear sound with high efficiency.
- Tightly packed square wire structure puts more turns in the gap and adds strength.
- Aramid reinforced TIL bobbin holds wire very rigid.
- Square VC wire + strong magnet = High efficiency with low distortion.
9. Tuned Poly/Mica Cone
- New cone structure with strong mica results in faster energy transfer & clarity.
Assorted Sizes, Versatile Upgrade
With six models in the Type-S line-up, you'll find a speaker size to fit your car's needs - and an ideal replacement for factory speakers. A shallow mounting design allows for easy installation in a wide range of door panels giving you a perfect fit. Their high-efficiency design can run off of the built-in amplifier power from the factory or Alpine head unit, resulting in an easy system improvement for any vehicle.
Packing a Punch
Turn up the volume. These speakers deliver amazing lows, mids, and highs. Become a believer once you hear the difference between stock and Alpine sound quality. Upgrade your system and hear what you've been missing.
Silk Dome Swivel Tweeters
The Type-S speakers also use an HD polymer frame for improved sound and installation, while a high-performance soft dome tweeter provides smooth, detailed sound. The tweeters can swivel up to 10 degrees so you can adjust for the optimum listening position.
Not only do the Type-S speakers sound great, they look great too. These speakers will look good behind factory grilles or can be used with the new hybrid mess grilles (sold separately) for a customized look.